August was a busy month for reading! I started this blog back in July, and I’m pretty happy that people are actually reading it! :’)
In August I read lots of books, but I also reviewed a lot more than I planned. Originally I held myself accountable for posting one review per week, but I’ve definitely passed that.
In case you missed them, here’s a list of things I’ve read this month:
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- The Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, & Gurihiru
My favorite book from August was probably either Cinder or the Avatar comics. My least favorite was A Discovery of Witches.
I’ve never planned out the books I’m planning to read a month in advance, so here goes. In September I would like to read:
- Sphere by Michael Crichton
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- The Oyster Thief by Sonia Faruqi (ARC)
- The Phoenix Empress by K. Arsenault Rivera (ARC)
This list is a bit shorter than normal, but September is going to be a crazy busy month for me, so I don’t know how much reading time I’ll have. Plus, I’ve just started a really long book (The Pillars of the Earth) that will probably take up a lot of my reading time.
Finally, here are some of my favorite book-related posts I’ve come across this month:
- What Do They Want from Us? On the Return of Big Bookstore Chains via The Millions
- 5 Things I Did (Before I Was Published) to Become a Better Writer via Paper Fury
- Abridged Classics: Summaries of Books You Were Supposed to Read (But Probably Didn’t) via WordPress Discover
- The Conflicting Priorities of the Book Community via Pages Unbound
- What Diversity in Books Has Done For Me As A Reader via Anushka @ Going Through Books
Well that’s it for this month! I hope everyone enjoyed this month, now onto September!